View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 02:19 PM   #7
Krishna's Mom
Yorkie Yakker

Hi Nicole,
Thank you for such a nicely detailed response. Kita was scaring the heck out of me! I took her to the vet and had her checked over.
The fecal sample came back with a sky overgrowth of a bacteria whose name I can neither pronounce nor remember at this moment. It is a naturally occurring virus in the intestines and she really can't tell me why it decided to start growing like mad. I think I stopped hearing when our doc said contagious to humans.
The number one antibiotic for what she has is Baytril, but she is too young to have it as it has been known to have some serious side effects so she is on the second best medication for it which is Clindamycin for 10 days. The vet wants to wait to see how that works before she goes further. Krishna can't "catch" it from her so no worries there, but apparently hubby and I can so for the next couple of weeks we have to wash our hands after handling her (boy is that going to be tough to remember). The vet says we will know if we get it as we will be having the same symptoms - vomitting and diarrhea. It was sort of a surprise to me. I guess I didn't realize that we could catch anything from our babies. Hopefully this will be the end of it though. If not, we will have to continue with a plan of action as you suggested. Thanks so much for sharing all your info.
Best,
Julie
Krishna's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!