View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 03:25 PM   #35
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie merlino View Post
I find it pretty amazing that there alot of rude, ignorant people out there with or without Yorkies that go out of their way to speak or ask questions about your Dog and then you have to hear about their's! The AKC. Standard to show a Yorkie is 4 to 7 lbs. but it's not only the size, color & conformation count as well? IMO a Yorkie should still look and act like a Yorkie, I see so many very small Yorkies that are so weak and feeble, shaking and can't even walk on the ground. Yorkies come in all sizes, I have the pleasure of having
3, one is small 5 lbs., medium @ 7 lbs., and large - Artie a whopping 10 lbs.
I think too many people judge Yorkies by their "Size" that they completely ignore their Conformation? Temperment? Training? Socializing? I have alot of Friends and Relatives that have Yorkies and they purchased them strictly based on their "SIZE" and they are very disappointed b/c they did NOT stay the size as promised by the Breeder.
I completely agree...so many are so obsessed with size that they don't look into health, conformation, and temperment. Health is number 1 to me and conformation and temperment are also important. Size is just size, and I personally prefer a 5-7lb yorkie as they are usually more conformationally correct than most super tiny ones.

I had a person one time say that Lacy looked big, and she did compared to their 3lber. However, their 3lber had also just had surgery for a liver shunt...so that's probably why she stayed so small.
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!