View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 10:54 AM   #15
annamalyssa
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFairLacy View Post
Haha goodluck showing a 2lb bitch. When judges look at bitches they want to know that they should be able to safely whelp a litter. You usually want a bitch to be at least 5lbs with a good frame. You could put a smaller male in the ring but I still don't think one that is 2lbs is going to do that well. Yorkies are not supposed to be that small and good breeders strive to get dogs in the 4 to 7lb range. These people that think it is better to have a tiny dog are just stupid
Those are my thoughts exactly, how can a female under 4lbs be SHOWN when they really shouldn't be bred? Aren't show dogs meant to be bred to keep the show line going? they are disqualified if they are neutered/spayed and to be honest a female under 4 lbs should be neutered/spayed as it is dangerous for them to produce.
I could see a smaller male being show possibley but a female? Of course Yorkies come in ALL SHAPES AND SIZES but to be shown there are rules.. Maybe the judge I spoke with was speaking of what they look for when judging 4-7 lbs.

Chachi - No Worries, I'm not at all in argument mode nor do I plan to be anytime soon.. this woman annoyed me NO ONE ELSE.. I understand what you are saying as well.

txrosegirl - Awgh thank you so very much!! and that is exactly how I felt..
annamalyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!