View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 08:52 AM   #7
cdawnfine
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegan's mom View Post
I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with training Trooper. He's caused Deegan to relapse into a few old bad habits and walks are not fun at all since they both bark like little maniacs whenever we pass another dog walking. I want someone to help my dh and I to train these guys some basic obedience, to walk on a loose leash at our sides, to not go crazy when other dogs are around and to completely potty train Trooper. I ran across a worldwide company called Bark Busters... They seem like they know what they're doing and credible, but are also very costly... I don't mind paying the price as long as their training does actually work. Apparently they offer a lifetime of the dogs guarentee, meaning that if old problems pop back up or new ones arise that they will come back to work with you and the dogs again free of charge, regardless of how many times it takes. So has anyone ever hired them to help you out, and if so, were you satisfied with their services?
I think everyone on here can sympathize with your frustration in training. That being said does trooper know any comands? Have you tried bringing treats on your walks, you will probubly see the other dogs before the dogs and if you can get them into a sit with the treat and hold it there untill the other dog passes they will learn to associate dogs with treats not barks. They are very smart animals and it will only take a bit for you to teach them. As far as potty training goes that it a long process what have you been doing are you using a crate or pee pads I would love to be able to help you but I need more information. The only way someone other than yourself will be able to completly potty train the puppy is by either comeing to your house every 3-4 hours or you sending the puppy to live with someone else.
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!