Thread: rabies shot
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 04:12 PM   #15
gramsof1
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
Yup, the paper is far more important than the tag. Some vets don't even give the tags.

About Hawaii, I'm sure it's a nice place to visit but it is a rabies free state and they are very strict. She will need one or two rabies shots before going and I think she has to be flied into the capital via cargo to be processed. I could be wrong but I heard it is terribly travelling with your pup there...
I have checked into all of the rules. For a brief time, they could travel in a traveling crate under the seat and had to stay there te entire time. Well, I could NOT ever do that. They also had to be taken to quarantine to be checked for fleas, ticks, etc, and the paperwork all had to be checked and they would be released to owner. Now I find that those rules have changed again. They need to haver had their last rabies shot within the last 2 years and it has to be the 2nd one so pups can't go. They mainly relaxed the qwuarantine rules becuse a lot of Hawaii residents wanted to travel with their pets and didn't want to have to quarantine the pets for the required 30 days. It is a long drawn out process and bloodhas to be sent to some lab in Nevada, a whole lot of bother at least 120 days before planned departure. ASll being said, unless they have another rule change or she gets her service dog certification, we won't be going, cuz I won't leave her home. Did that in September for 12 days and it jjust about killed me. At least I knew she was home with her Dad.

Myrna
gramsof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!