View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 08:38 AM   #4
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonovox011 View Post
He definitely is not allowed everywhere in the house. He sleeps in his crate (in our bedroom) at night but then is allowed on the first level which is the kitchen, dinning room and foyer to front door and back door(minus all the rooms) and the basement living room (minus all the rooms). Perhaps I should restrict even that much room?

I am trying to feed him on a schedule but sometimes (even in the morning) he doesn't eat very much. If he leaves lots of food left should I take that away from him till next feeding time (lunch)? I am scared that he will not get enough sugars because he is pretty active throughout the day.

I think the problem is like you said. He thinks he is doing good by just going potty, I have to get the idea across to him somehow that it is good to go in the backyard and not on mommy's (my girlfriend) favorite area rug. hehe
lol, yep, Yorkies are stubborn little things, I guess. And honestly, while he's potty training, I probably would restrict him more than you are. Maybe just block him off in the kitchen if you could? And let him run around in the kitchen only. Definitely block off the rooms with carpet - makes it more difficult for you to clean up after. Also, get him used to going out ONE door and take him out that door every time, makes it less confusing for him so he learns where to go.

And what kind of food is he on? Jackson never used to eat much of his dry food either in the first weeks I had him, I've had to switch foods like 4 times cuz he's so picky. Find one that he really likes! I also mix it with some wet food every morning for his breakfast and he eats it right up.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!