View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 08:13 AM   #18
Latuya
YT 3000 Club Member

Ok dogs have moods just like we do. Now,,,,, you take a 50 + size dog and you take a tiny dog like the size of most of our yorkies,,, what dog do you think will do more damage. I don't care how sweet the dog is or what kind of loving owners it has. I have shared this story before but, my brother had a pit, beautiful dog! She was so sweet well mannered and loved their other dog Emmit. Emmit was a Jack Russel. They loved to play together, were best friends and although my brother was causious with the difference in size, he felt that Goldie would never hurt Emmit. One night he was awoken by the most ugly sounds. He heard growling like he had never heard before followed by crying like he had never hear before. By the time he got to them, the crying had stopped and it was quiet. Goldie was standing outside the dog house but Emmit was no place to be found. My brother called out to him, and heard scratching from what he thought was coming from the back of the doghouse. He thought Emmit was behind the house and moved the house by picking up the back of the house,, he then noticed the pool of blood that came out of the doghouse and found Emmit in there bleeding. Alive but not able to move. my brother got a blanket and rushed him to the Vet, Poor Emmit back was broken, Had a chunk of flesh missing on the side of him neck, and was bleeding internaly. There was nothing they could do to save him.

I could go on and on,,,,,, this is has been a hot topic before and you will find that people will defend their big dogs to the end. They all say the same thing, No not my dog, He/she is the sweetest dog ever. Or I hear this one alot,,,,, There is no bad breed just bad owners. I guess I would defend my big dog too. Well my brother loved his pets and were both spoiled and well mannered, loving, and sweet dogs. But, In my own opinion, I would not have both big and tiny dogs at the same time and if I did, they would not interact with eachother unsurpervised. and even then I would be worried.

As far as them turning on you, I've seen alot of different breeds to this. I'm not saying all big dogs are going to turn on their owners or anyone else for that matter but,,,,,,,, tiny, mall, big, very big,,,, they are animals. And any animal can trun on you. It just all depends on what sets them off.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!