View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 07:38 AM   #12
Shanatink
Mommy to 3 Princesses
Donating Member

I dont think all pit bulls are bad at all. I think pit bull are just more prone to have basic animal instincts and act upon them. But most of all I think they end up in the wrong hands. It is my opinion that probobly 70% of people who own them shouldnt and they own them for the wrong reason- they want a bad ass tough scary dog(I apologize if I am offending anyone but I am basing my opinion off what I see inthe news and mostly all the shows I see on animal planet). These people use them in fighting rings, etc and just leave them chained up outside with llittle regard to them. It always seems that people with little money to properly care for them own them, and also pitbulls seem big with gangs so of course they get bad reps. I used to watch animal cops detroit and pit bulls were a huge problem there because basically poverty stricken neighborrhoods were full of them and either questionable characters/gang type people or little kids were owning the dogs and it is "cool" to have pitbull fighting rings there. It pisses me off because everytime the animal cops captured a pitbull(which was ALOT) they had to put them to sleep becasue the dogs are raised to be aggressive and this behavior can not be easily reveresed. Just sad.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!