Thread: BIG baby?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 05:43 AM   #6
hugz4all4
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy4 View Post
Funny you posted this...I just had Bella at the vets on Monday and she weighed in at 2lbs 3 oz at 12 weeks. She will be 13 weeks on Friday. I was like wow...the last time she was weighed was when she was 8 weeks and she weighed 1lb 9 oz....Anyways, I was just on here looking for the weight chart to see what she may be as an adult. When I bought her the guy told me she would be about 4lbs..but who knows...LOL I wouldnt be mad if I had a chunky monkey...
Yeah I was told that too.. .. Tuckers parents are 4 pounds. Tucker at almost 5 months is 5 pounds. His estimated adult weight will probably be between 6 and 8 pounds. He hasnt gained anything in a month or so, but Ive heard they can have late growing spurts.
TO to the OP its hard to tell how big they will be. The charts from what Ive seen are mostly wrong, but it can give you an "estimate" of her adult weight. You cant go by the breeder (most of the time) or by the size of the parents because your pup could have the genes of its great granparents that may have been bigger. You could triple thier weight at 8 weeks or double it at 12 weeks but again that is just an estimate. So pretty much you will have to just wait and see. A 6 to 8 pound dog is still small, and if she turns out to be a bigger yorkie you can always join the teapot club.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!