View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 04:09 PM   #9
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

Animal Smiley 036

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus08 View Post
Let me get this straight. 1/4 cup each feeding or combined all day?
read below (depends on your dog's activity level & food, ect.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
That is 1/4 c. per day! And I sure do thank you guys. I knew I was worrying for a good reason. I'm going to keep them going the same way since everyone but Skeeter is a healthy weight and not having any food - related problems. Skeeter is just really good at stealing food and treats from everyone else and hates to exercise. He and I both need to walk more!

We are giving them a salmon-based dog food. Any thoughts on that?
Salmon is an excellent source of protein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezie View Post
ok, my question is how do you know how much to feed them. 1/4 cup is for what weight dog? Sullie is 10 mths and 5 lbs. How much should I be feeding him. I actually started a thread today just on this ? Thanks

Our vet suggests Science diet, which I don't use because of what I've read on here.
Mimi is 5.5 lbs (2 yrs old), & Momo is 4 lbs (1 yr old). I feed them a little over 1/4 cup per day each, divided 2 times, once in the am & second meal in pm. In between, I'll give them treats, maybe a Natural Balance treat & some Yorkie Yummies (by chattiesmom). Athough Momo is smaller than Mimi, I feed him the same amount just because he is more active. Since Sullie is still a pup, I would feed him 3 times a day (amount, depending on his activity level & the feeding instructions on his food package). I fed Mimi's pups 1 heaping tablespoon 3 times a day. Just keep track of his stool, if it's too soft...you're feeding too much. Keep in mind that it also depends on what type of food. I feed my babies Natural Balance Original Ultra mixed w/ Evo Red Meat. It has lots of different proteins = energy. Also keep in mind that Yorkies' stomachs are the size of small walnuts! There's some really good threads here on YT on what kind of food would be best for your dog(s).
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!