View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 09:48 AM   #1
Myah28
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Question Please Help... Extremely loose bowels.

Hello, we are new to the site. I have a beautiful 15 week old (3.5 months) female, Myah. She was having a hard time with her bowels for a few days (slightly straining), but otherwise all was great... eating, playful, happy. Until yesterday... we went to the pet store to get her some canned [COLOR=green! important][COLOR=green! important]food[/COLOR][/COLOR] since my blender is broken (i usally prepare her meals myself till a few days ago) the guy at the counter gave her some dried [COLOR=green! important][COLOR=green! important]chicken[/COLOR][/COLOR]
http://kona.kontera.com/javascript/l...rey_loader.gif
strips while i was shopping (my daughter was holding her), after she ate them she refused to eat her lunch and she picked at her [COLOR=green! important][COLOR=green! important]dinner[/COLOR][/COLOR]. An hour or so later she was having unformed bowels. She was up a lot over night (since i couldn't sleep b/c i was worried) Now since early this morning she has had EXTREMELY LOOSE bowels (still straining to go) but now the color and consistancy is changed (brick colored bowel with what looks like mucus). I don't know what to do. She is sleeping alot but again she was up alot last night. She was playful with my daughters this morning though. Could the chicken strips be something i shouldn't have given her? I'd love to get to the vet but most likely cannot make it there today... HELP...
Do we need the hospital or should i give her a day to see if her "normal" foods bring back her "normal" bowels?
Myah28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!