View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 09:25 AM   #15
toasty
Yorkie Talker

further update -- I'm happy to report that things are now MUCH better. While still intrigued by our daughter, Max is not longer showing any aggression towards her at all, and seems to have learned that he has to be more careful around her.

I took him to Petsmart -- just him, didn't bring the other dog -- and got him a bunch of treats, toys, etc. and otherwise just had some time with just him, which I'm thinking might have let him know that he was still very loved and calmed him down some. His change in behavior seems to coincide with that trip.

I also suspect that Truman might have laid down the law to some extent. Truman is the alpha and has always been the sentinel of the house. When my brother's Puli visits, Truman mediates disputes between them, if you will, and typically will put Max in his place around the house if, for example, Max barks too much for his liking at the mailman or something. Truman will lay on the couch with us while we're holding our daughter in alert mode, surveying the room, protecting us all, and part of me wonders if Truman didn't take Max behind the woodshed in that way that only dogs understand and communicated to him that he needed to turn it down a notch.

What crazy, funny creatures we've invited into our home.
toasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!