View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 07:51 AM   #7
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

I think a 1/4 of a cup a day for a 6 weeks old puppy is pretty good. How much does your puppy weigh? As long as your baby is eating good he will not need any karo or nutri-cal. I only give that if they are picky eaters. The karo in water is also good if they are having a little constipation problems. If you feel he needs the karo then I would just add like a 1/2 tsp. to a cup of water.

One thing I would recommend is getting a better quality food. Purina-One has too much grain in it. I would recommend something like Chicken Soup Puppy or Solid Gold Wee Bits. You can go to this website to review the different dog foods. Dog Food Reviews - Main Index - Powered by ReviewPost I would recommend going with a 5 star dog food. I feel that some of the 6 star foods have too much protein in them for a tiny puppy.

The most important thing is that he is eating 3 or 4 times a day. Are you leaving out the ground up dry food? He needs to have access to that at all times. Mine have always done great with a tiny bit of the Pedigree Lamb and Rice puppy food mixed with the ground up dry food. I have always had some puppies that just prefer the dry food over the moist food so I always offer them both. I hope you baby continues to do well.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!