View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #10
zenzele
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnzeppi View Post
My girlfriend and I were walking our yorkies on this wonderful spring tease weather we are having in the DC area. We went by a house a couple of blocks away, where we knew another Yorkie lived, a very cool one at that with a long coat, all black and tan with no silver blue (I am a big fan of that coloration scheme, it just looks good to me and who does not enjoy seeing other Yorkies on your walks)?

I was so pissed off when I saw the little guy out in the front yard with the gate to the driveway wide open. Naturally, my guys want to say hello and this brings the neighbor yorkie out of his yard and onto the street, like it or not. There are NO sidewalks in this neighborhood. I can't imagine what the owners were thinking letting this guy loose when there are plenty of predators and other dogs about (a block from here we saw a fox crossing the street and were very nervous just walking our guys with the rabies we have in our county). This guy was in the 6-8 lb range, but how could their owners let this little one in the yard loose with traffic and predators around? I rang the bell a couple times with no response, finally we left and he went back to his yard, but I just dont get how people can take such risks with their little guys. A car could have easily killed this little one. I tried to close the gate to the driveway, but it was not really meant to be closed. We just had to leave and not look back so he would not follow us
Maybe he escaped out of the house when the owner's left and they were not aware that he was out. It would have been risky to do so, but I probably would have left my phone # and a note telling them I took him for safekeeping and explain what you saw, and tell them to call me to arrange bringing him back to them.... and if the owners left him out, well God bless the yorkie, because it's only a matter of time until he's stolen or God forbid something happens to him!!
zenzele is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!