View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 03:52 PM   #7
shawnzeppi
YT Addict

I don't understand what they are thinking either. I actually tried to at least close the gate, but it had posts in the ground and looked like it really was left open all the time. On this particular street, I have encountered a black lab walking around free also, in the middle of the street so that when a car was driving by the guy had to honk to get the dog to move.

Its almost like they think they live in the middle of the country where there are no cars, but in this neighborhood, kids sometimes are driving too fast and an accident is waiting to happen with no sidewalks either.

I actually considered scooping him up, taking him home and returning him later. But then you start thinking about the owners accusing you of dog napping. I suppose I could have called animal control as well, but that is really not the way to stay on good terms with your neighbors.

What I have decided to do is to keep ringing the bell when we walk that way until we catch the owners, and at least try and talk them into using a leash if they insist on letting the little one stay outside while they are away.
shawnzeppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!