View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 02:10 PM   #2
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

I am so sorry your baby is not eating. Your puppy was taken away from his momma too early. Are you sure he is 6 weeks old? Most puppies have teeth by then but I have heard of a few exceptions. It is so important that you get your puppy to eat or he could get hypoglycemia and die. Do you have any nutri-cal on hand? If not you can give him a little karo syrup and water. What type of dry food are you feeding him? You can give him some of the puppy formula from Wal-mart. Also buy several cans of the Pedigree Lamb and Rice puppy food. Take your dry puppy food and grind it in a blender until it is real fine like corn meal. Leave him out a bowl of this dry food along with a bowl of water. You can also try taking a tiny amount of the ground up dry food and mixing it with the Pedigree Lamb and Rice puppy food, just add enough to make it a little moist. I do not recommend giving the puppy a lot of different things. You puppy has to adjust to the food and if you keep giving to many different things it will upset the puppies stomach.

How are the puppies stools? You have to make sure the puppy does not get diarrhea or icky poops. If he does then he will need to see vet right away.

Make sure the puppy in confined to a smaller area where he can get to his food and water. I recommend keeping them in a small exercise pen.

Please keep us posted on how he is doing.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!