View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 12:36 PM   #13
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3 View Post
It seems that he has urinated more frequently since the kitten came home since he has NEVER done this before. He is neutered, so I didn't think that was going to happen. He doesn't seem to drink more than usual and is still just as active as usual. I can't have him urinating on our new couch. It took us years to budget for new furniture and I don't want it smelling like urine in the summer so whatever this is, we need to get a handle on it now.
BTW-he had a vet check and updated shots at the end of December and everything was ok....I'm sad that we just can't seem to handle this dog....
Did the vet do any bloodwork or just a routine exam and vaccines? I think it's usually pretty obvious if a dog is marking its territory or if it just needs to pee based on watching the dog's behavior as well. I really doubt this is a case of marking territory...it is not normal for a dog to have to urinate once an hour every hour. If you haven't already had bloodwork done, I would suggest a full blood panel and a urinalysis to check for any underlying health issues and for a UTI or crystals in the urine. I would definitely rule out a medical issue before just attributing this to behavioral issues.
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!