View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 11:27 AM   #2
yorkiesmiles
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Sorry no one has answered you - not sure how a Maine girl ended up posting a thread in the Southwest USA forum - but here is an answer from a Midwest girl!

If I were you I would save my money and wait to buy a yorkie from a reputable breeder. Don't risk it on a backyard breeder. Or perhaps you could adopt a puppy from a rescue. That way you are saving a life, helping the rescue out and they do not charge that much - check Pet adoption: Want a dog or cat? Adopt a pet on Petfinder -- put in your zip code & you will be surprised how many yorkies you will find.

A Morkie is not necessarily going to be healthier than a yorkie. I'm not a huge fan of mixed dogs. Yorkies that have been bred to standard are less likely to have health problems - if you have a good breeder you will have someone who doesn't just put 2 dogs together.

If you are going to buy from a breeder -- do your research first!! And a great place to start, is to read this thread! http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/yor...ead-first.html
yorkiesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!