View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 07:10 PM   #5
Nellye56
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Reply To Wylie's Mom

Hi, Roxie has had this eye thing a couple of times. The first time I took her to the vet, was advised she can't be in the wind . The second time I discovered she was sitting next to the heat vent under a chair before the eye got red. Called the vet- told to use triple antibiotic cream.

She used to eat ground turkey, brown rice and veggies and her vitamin, Lots of raw carrots, chicken jerky treats and sweet potatoe and fish formula dog treats. She started to itch furiously so we elimnated the brown rice and chicken jerky treats and the itching stopped. We cut down the carrots considerably. Just recently, I stated giving her the tube ground turkey instead of the fresh pack- (it was on sale) I noticed the consistency was very different but it was okay for a few days. I started giving her a little olive oil in her food and scrambled eggs sometimes for variety- she went to the groomers one saturday about a week later and sunday evening she pooped soft poop with a large amount of mucus at the end. I began to feed her chicken breast and white rice. The poop firmed and cleared in about 3 days and the eye got red and the itching started back. That's why I think it was the rice. I completely forgot about the itching from the rice from before. I'm keeping her on the chicken breast, white potatoes, babyfood green peas, and green beans with her vitamin for a while. I may try the fresh pack ground turkey again later.
Through all of this her mood and energy level never changed.
By the way, her eye is healing, I gave her some clear chldrens benedryl- the itching is gone and the eye looks much better- shouldn't be long before the fur comes back. Incidently before it was both eyes- this time just the right eye- go figure
Nellye56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!