View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 07:05 PM   #12
LolaLove
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Love

That is SUCH a great idea to get her spayed. I know it sounds exciting to have puppies, but it's really A LOT of work. Sleepless nights, etc. I'm just going off what I've heard. Never dealt with it personally. Anyway, when I was getting Lola spayed, I called a million different vets, because prices are incredible! The SPCA does it (about $80-$100), but I heard they don't do blood work, or take all the precautions that a vet would. Also, you want to make sure you go to someone who has a lot of experience with small dogs. I wish I lived in your area because I could recommend someone. But after calling around TONS of places, I found a great one and it wasn't as costly as the others.

You are NOT irresponsible!! SO many people think the same thing you do when they get animals, and you are being incredibly responsible by realizing it's probably not the best idea. That is huge!!

If you are able to, I would recommend neuturing the male as well. I heard that in order for males not to get "pent-up frustration", they need to breed at least 2x/year. Otherwise they can become very frustrated, anxious, aggressive, etc.

First things first though, take care of your little girl. She's gonna be fine and your a great mother!! Don't beat yourself please!! You are completely doing the right thing!! Good luck! Keep us posted!

Last edited by LolaLove; 02-07-2009 at 07:06 PM. Reason: added something
LolaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!