View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
LolaLove
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Love

You sound just like my neighbor. My neighbor had a male yorkie, and then bought a small female yorkie to breed them. However, until the female was old enough to breed, when she would go into heat, my neighbor bought these little diapers. However, when they left the house, the female (Fluffy), would rip them off. Maybe yours wouldn't. They come in disposable or reusable (and you just change the pads inside). She ended up just having the diapers on while she was at home, and when she left the house, she had to separate them into different rooms.

About having a 3.5lb. baby to breed, she probably will get bigger, I think, since she's only 8 months old. It's good of you to wait though. My neighbor finally ended up breeding her pups, and they give birth to a VERY TINY little boy. However, they weren't prepared that they CANNOT leave it alone at any point. Just be prepared...you can't work, etc. You have to be there every minute. There was an hour time period where there was no one at their house, and when she came back, the little baby had died. It was barely 48 hours old (the most critical time). The mother (Fluffy) had moved the baby from it's warm heating pad, and brought it to another location. It ended up freezing to death. Moral of the story: Just be prepared. Know what you need to do, and DO NOT LEAVE IT ALONE! I felt so sad for my neighbor. Not to mention the mother, she was very depressed for days afterwards.

Good luck!! I would definitely try the diapers if I were you. Hopefully it helps. Have a great weekend!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!