View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 06:20 PM   #15
yorkiesmiles
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellye56 View Post
No disrespect to anyone, however, what do you mean when you say HUMAN FOOD? Dog food is composed of what, chicken, beef, lamb, duck, rice, barley,veggies- it's all human food. I feed my Roxy Human Food because I have read so many horrible stories about even some of the better dog foods with the "By Products" and preservatives. True you can't just give them meat or table scraps. I cook separate meals for Roxy- I have found several balanced recipes on line. Mainly she eats a mix of chicken breast, white potatoes, green beans, green peas, carrots and sweet potatoes. Some times I sub ground turkey for the protein and switch up the veggies. I used brown rice for the starch for almost a year- then she seemed to be allergic to it so I switched to the potatoes. Roxy also gets raw carrots and peeled apples as treats sometimes instead of her sweet potatoe and fish formula treats. I also put some fish oil from a gel cap on her food every other day or ground flax seed. She also loves broiled salmon, I just put her a small piece in a different dish without all the spices and lemon I put on mine. Occasionall she gets eggs scramble lightly in olive oil. My vet had no problem with the mixes. She gets a doggie vitamin too. So let's be more specific when we say HUMAN FOOD.
No one is questioning a solid home-cooked basis for anyone's dog. Many people on YT home cook. It sounds like your dog has a good balanced diet. The concern here was for the person who original posted and what they were feeding their dog. This is what this thread is about - a sick dog. Please don't turn someone else's thread into a food debate. If you want to discuss food you can start your own thread. You will find that many people on YT do home cook and share their recipes here. I'm not sure why you are so excited about what has been posted here in this thread
yorkiesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!