Thread: Watery eyes
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 09:56 AM   #3
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Joey's eyes did this when he was a puppy. I read that distilled water helped some dogs, so I tried it. Within 1 week there was no tearing, and we kept using the distilled water. One day I noticed the tearing was back, I asked my husband about it, and he admitted he had given Joey regular tap water. Switched back to the distilled and the next day, the tearing was gone. Once a month I would test the theory and go to tap water, again the tearing would start. Finally, I can't remember the age, I know it was under a year, but I switched to tap, and he hasn't had the tearing again. I used the distilled water from Walmart, it maded to add to baby formula, so it's safe for drinking. Not all distilled water is considered safe, and some says, "do not drink." Water meant for drinking has to be packed in the right type of plastic, and has expiration dates, regular distilled water used for equipment such as steam irons, does need these precautions. Look for the words "distilled", this means all minerals have been taken out, and don't get the kind with "added minerals," as this defeats the purpose.

Join today and remove this ad!