View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 11:07 PM   #1
PrincessDiana
I ♥ Franklin & Maggie
Donating Member

Default Probiotics - Yogurt vs. Pill

Hey everyone! Maggie developed a yeast infection after her last round of antibiotics.. thus she is on them again except this time, I know better! We are giving her a tablespoon of non-fat, plain yogurt with the pill. For one, it's a good way for her to take her pills and two, she needs the probiotics so she doesn't get another infection. I've been wanting to put the dogs on a daily regimen of probiotics but I'm having a hard time picking one. When it comes to the pill/powder pre-packaged form, I have two or three saved that were recommended by other YT members.. but I'm wondering if it would be okay to just give them yogurt? I just feel like it'd be more natural to give them yogurt but if it doesn't provide adequate amounts of live cultures or long-term use of dairy would be bad for them, I have no problem giving the pre-packaged form. I'm so terribly sorry if this has been discussed before - I tried searching but couldn't find a thread comparing the two; just discussions about yogurt and discussions about the pill/powder.

Thanks in advance!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!