View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 05:48 PM   #15
LolaLove
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie81 View Post
I heard Pepto Bismol is safe to give to dogs. Just a little, like 2 ml for a 5 lb dog.
Hope your baby gets well soon!
I've heard Pepto is safe but when I asked my vet she had never heard of that. I think it would be totally safe though, and I have heard dog owners who use that.

Lola has a sensitive tummy too, and my vet recommended 2mg of Pepcid AC. It's a 1/4 of a pill (Lola is 4 lbs...not sure how much yours weighs). I really do think you should take your dog back to the vet (or a different vet), because that has happened to Lola before and they gave her a couple shots for the nausea, some liquid in a shot, so she didn't get dehydrated, and then some prescription food for sensitive tummy's. Lola felt a million times better the next day. We were away on a trip so I had to go to a different vet, but he really helped her feel better. I think you should see someone else who will give you some better results....it's SO hard when your baby is sick! I hope she feels better soon!!

P.S. Did you switch food recently?? Do you think it could be the food she's eating? What about giardia? Lola's had that before, it's pretty common. Good luck....we'll be praying for you and your little one.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!