Thread: Clothing
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 04:03 PM   #12
SweetViolet
Donating YT Addict

Unfortunately, there are no WalMarts in South Africa, where AngieDoo and I live. And shipping in stuff from the States is very costly, and that is assuming you can find a seller that will ship internationally. Sadly, the minute I ask about shipping to a location in Africa, a lot of people immediately suspect a scam and don't want to do business. Some of the eBay sellers are really rude about this!! (And I use PayPal to pay them!)

If that cute little dog sweater cost $149.90 instead of $14.99, you'd think twice about buying it...and with the exchange rate being $1US=R10, that's the situation we are in: A sausage and egg McMuffin, for example, costs the equivalent of $1US here...R100 ($10) will buy nearly 20 loaves of bread. Imagine what $14.99 plus shipping means to our budgets? And shipping...you wouldn't believe what robbers some of these sellers can be! One person wanted to charge me $32 (R320...the price of dinner for two at a fancy restaurant) to ship one yard of fleece fabric! (I got it from someone else and the charge was under $5).

We don't have a lot of great things available for our dogs here...maybe South Africans don't pamper their Yorkies the way Americans do, I don't know. Clothes for dogs are difficult to find, there is little selection, and the prices are outrageous. So, I'm planning to sew my own.

***Eight more hours until Puddin' gets here!***
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!