View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 09:00 AM   #1
LunaBelle
Yorkie Yakker

Default Need advice looking for a puppy in PA!

Help! I'm trying to find a yorkie puppy and am having a very difficult time. I need advice on where I should look for my puppy and also how much I should expect to pay.
Unfortunately, I live in the puppy mill capital of the East (Southern PA) and it seems like all the listings I can find are ultimately from puppy mills. I know not to buy a puppy from a pet store and I also know that websites advertising puppies for sale are mostly fancy facades for puppy mills. I do want a puppy - so a shelter dog is out too. So where am I supposed to find a healthy, happy puppy??

Also, how much should I pay for a yorkie puppy? The price ranges I've seen are crazy!

Some background info on me:
I had a yorkie growing up. My mother purchased him from a mall pet store (which I now know is a big mistake) and he had several behavior issues. My mom wanted to give him up but I promised to take care of him myself and so we kept him. He was the best dog I've ever had, even with his faults.
I've since had a chihuahua, who was eventually adopted by a friend of mine due to her aggression towards my then newborn baby.
I'd love to have another yorkie baby now, but I don't know where to find one.

Please help!
LunaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!