View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 08:27 AM   #12
yorkiesmiles
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela_1617 View Post
Thanks for all your replies. Gavin generally does have dry, sensitive skin. We can only use baby shampoo on him. My 14 yr old daughter usually baths him and I wondered if she didn't rinse him well enough. He only goes out to pee in a closed in pen I have, it's been -22 here so, he's out and right back in. I suppose its possible he's laid in something, maybe I'll give him a tepid bath today just to rinse him off. I am almost positive he has not gotten into the garbage lately because I've been very careful.
There is no blistering but what looks like petichea (sp) or tiny broken blood vessels. My vets are a husband and wife team. Generally, she is my vet but yesterday it was her husband.
This morning he's about the same. Tried to poop but nothing really left in there I think. His poop is very foul and dark brown/flourescent yellow.
I'm going to make him some chicken and rice and see if he'll have a bit.
I should have the blood results later today.
That baby shampoo is probably contributing to the skin problems. Dogs need shampoo made for dogs not humans. Also, rinsing is the MOST IMPORTANT part of a bath. Let me make a couple of suggestions for shampoo & a rinse. Most of these will require a waiting time -where you shampoo & then wait 3-10 minutes before rinsing, then the conditioner will probably be the same way. So you want to make sure you have the bathing area really warm before you start the process.

Here's some excellent choices - this one was recommended by my holistic vet - this is the website for the shampoo, Phytoclens Herbal Shampoo - you can buy from them. natural herbal treatment - tomer laboratories - natural quality herbal remedies

I would definitely find a good shampoo -- this one contains:
PHYTOCLENS Herbal Shampoo

Phytoclens Himalayan Cedar Shampoo contains the natural essential oils of Himalayan cedarwood (Cedrus deodara) and Eucalyptus leaf oil (Eucalyptus globulus). Phytoclens use in a regular regimen promotes healthy skin and coat.

This is what I found about those ingredients
oils of Himalayan cedarwood
Cedarwood Himalayan Essential Oil, Cedarus Deodora

Eucalyptus leaf oil
Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil, Eucalyptus globulus

Or this is also a good choice for a shampoo & a rinse that will help dry skin
HyLyt Shampoo (8 oz) and this rinse Relief Creme Rinse - 8 oz

At the very least find a really good oatmeal shampoo.

Also, I would be sure to find a new place to keep the garbage, or to keep your furbaby separated from where the garbage is. Can the can go under the sink or with a lid that he can not open? What he is eating out of the garbage could kill him, or shorten his lifespan and very likely cost you in huge vet bills.

Last edited by yorkiesmiles; 02-06-2009 at 08:28 AM.
yorkiesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!