View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
Angela_1617
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Really worried about my Yorkie

Hello everyone, this is my first post. Need to talk to some Yorkie owners and get some opinions.
I have a 5 yr old Yorkie named Gavin. Gavin has frequent gastro problems (especially if he gets into the garbage!!) So, yesterday when he started to gag and vomit clear mucus, I thought, here we go again. He also had diarrhea.(sp?) He was vomiting any water or food I offered and so as instructed previously, I took both away for several hours. I gave him a bit of water during the night and when I woke this morning, no vomit but some diarrhea. I gave him some cooked chicken, which he ignored. My plan was to call and make an appt for tomorrow if his appetite did not improve. I was petting him and noticed his skin was quite red and when I rolled him on his back was shocked to see his whole stomach was beet red! It looked like a really bad sunburn. I looked at a spot he'd had on his back two weeks ago that was like a pimple, just to check it had healed and squeezed with my fingers to see if had any pus in it (it didn't) and within seconds there was purple blotches of brusing where I had pinched!
So, I'm freaking out thinking, crap he has some blood disorder! (leukemia)
Took him to the vet who didn't seem as worried as me. He gave him fluids and an injection to settle his stomach, took bloodwork. I get the result tomorrow afternoon. I've attached a photo of his tummy.
He normally has really dry irritated skin but the redness almost looks like broken blood vessels. What are your thoughts???
Thanks,
Angela
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gav2.jpg (64.6 KB, 173 views)
Angela_1617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!