View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 08:30 PM   #20
Desiree1027
Senior Yorkie Talker

I have a super sensitive girl. If you search my posts you can see all the things I've done and been through with her. I finally narrowed it down to grains. She is six and she's been on everything but it all seems to have gotten worse as she was five. I have switched her over to Honest Kitchen dehydrated. I can only get it online cause no one has it in my area. It has worked wonders for her. I get her the Embark which is turkey and lots of fruits and veggies and some seeds. Anything with flour or grain or it seems yeast bothers her a great deal. She has had major diarrhea and vomiting episodes and a 2 1/2 lbs, she can't afford to be sick like that. It took me a while to get up the courage to try the food, but the concept of raw seems to make sense with the sensitive stomachs. They seem to do better on a food source more like what their ancestors ate and their systems are still digesting the same way so food in it's natural state is easier on their stomach. This food is raw but the meat is dehydrated at a high enough temp that it actually cooks it but all the other stuff is raw. The enzymes in the raw ingredients help them to digest. The absence of those enzymes is what causes the tiny digestive systems to have to work harder so that seems to stress the process. If you go to their website and request samples, the will send them to you. I emailed them a question before I tried it and the girl who responded has Yorkies. I should be getting paid for all this testimonial!! Good luck, I feel your pain and boy, did it cost me a fortune in vet bills before I found the answer for Desiree. Then there's the new one year old who eats everything and never has a problem!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!