View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #10
ndyorkiemom
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

As a breeder I can relate to your problem, and the idea about a smaller crate is a good place to start. Be patient though because she is still very very young and it is going to take some time. Usually I have found that my babies learn to use the wee wee pad from their dam and the other adults in the house, unfortunately your little girl was taken from her dam to early and never had a chance to finish the learning process. That being said you are going to have to take over where mom left off. Don't expect too much from her and there is a good chance that you are looking at up to three or four months before she starts to get things right. There are going to be days when you ask yourself " what was I thinking" but don't lose faith all good things come to those who wait, and the happiness and joy she is going to bring you will make all of the mistakes she makes worth wild.
As for a cleaning solution: When it comes to my puppies and trying to cover up any scent left behind after I've cleaned, I will only use Vineger and maybe alittle bit of lemon juice in it mixed with water. Don't use too much vineger though as it can be pretty strong for little noses. I wish you the best and if I can be of any help feel free to ask. If you want to talk to me you can find my phone number on my website. Just tell me your from YT.

Join today and remove this ad!