View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 08:32 AM   #9
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelop555 View Post
I keep Daisy's crate, open, inside the x-pen at night and during the day when I can't be there so she has access to her pee pad and her food as well.
I got her a style of crate that is plastic and the top comes off so it can be padded with blankets for a cozy bed. When going out I put the top on so she can't get out.
This semms to be working well. I also have the x-pen adjusted so it is smaller
then open to full size.
It is about 2 feet by 4 feet, so this way if she has an accident, it is in a smaller area!
She does well with peeing but not as good with the pooping. I find it everywhere but when I see her poop it is on the pad but when I come home from work, it is everywhere...could she be playing with it???? Ewww..she has plenty of toys!
I also used the xpen this way as well. If they are really small their crate should be small too so there is no reason to have such a large area. Everything fit into the xpen, crate, bed, food and water, pee pad and toys. I used a frame to hold the pad and only had part of it inside the xpen.

As for playing with poop~that is probably what your pup is doing. If she is not eating it already she most likely will start if you don't nip it quickly. Add a little pumpkin or feed a little pineapple to change that taste of the poop to get her to stop. This is very effective and will address the issue of both playing and eating poop. This can become a disgusting habit if not stopped quickly.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!