View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 08:05 AM   #14
francis53
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowrena View Post
I have had first hand dealings with Yorkiesgalore.com and I will tell anyone not to deal with them. I will explain to anyone what hapened to me - being very new to the whole thing - I wanted a female Yorkie and I believe she told me $950 and at the time I couldn't afford that. They talked me into what they called a SHORKY - and they charged me $450 and met me accross from the airport in DM, IA, at 6:30 am one morning. It was dark and they only accepted cash. I didn't have a clue what a Shorky was suppose to look like and when it comes to babies (human or animal) I love them all. She gave me a ziploc with a little pet food in it and another ziplock with paperwork. I just assumed the receipt was in the the ziplock ---NOT!. This lady was very nasty and filthy mouthed. I fought with them off and on for over a year on how they screwed me because my puppy has absolutely NO Yorkie in her. Two vets and two groomers say she looks too much like a Laso Apso. I love her anyway and since she was filthy and needed a bath when I got her I feel I saved her.

I have since learned that you need to go to the breeders home and look at the parents and other puppies as I did when I bought my Yorkie from a reputable breeder in NE Iowa. I have met two other people who have purchased puppies from this same place and none of them seen anything but the puppy they purchased.

I also agree that if they are are breeding more than 1 or two different breeds and mixing them - this is how they live - I believe they are a puppy mill and I have done everything I know of to turn them in. If anyone can give me the proper information on who to contact to have them surprised by a state inspector - I would love to do it. I feel sorry for the animals.

I'm sure if she reads this now - I will hear from her yet again. I don't care - I'm not a liar and I'm telling the truth. I love my animals way too much to do what they are doing to support myself the way they are.
Thanks for sharing your experience with yorkiesgalore, I never actually met the lady. I called her about 5 yrs. ago looking for a female yorkie. she quoted me a price of $1100 for one, when I asked about AKC registration the price for that jumped to $1800. She tried to tell me that registering with AKC was so expensive and that's why she charged more. well, I know that is not true so I was put off and knew I didn't want to deal with her.
I'm glad you love your little one you got from her and she has a good home!
francis53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!