View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 04:55 PM   #14
stovesj
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Well, I have to admit I would be the one wanting to come see them right away. When I got Gracie I had been wanting a Yorkie for over a year. After looking on and off for quite a while I decided to start seriously looking for one. When I saw her picture I was so excited and wanted to go look at her immediately. There just are not as many Yorkies for sale in our state as some of the others so I did not want to take a chance of someone else buying her before I had a chance to see her. Even though it may take me some thought before making a decision, once I do, I want it now. Just me.

On the other hand from your point of view it doesn't hurt to be careful. One thought would be to tell them you have an appointment but could possibly reschedule and call them back. If they refuse to give you a contact number then I would be suspicious. Once they are there and conversing you can get a feeling about a person. You can casually ask them questions that would indicate how much thought they have put into getting a puppy etc. I agree with others though and would always have someone else there with me. Too many weirdo's out there these days.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!