View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 03:14 PM   #15
juliet1
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Well the quest to diagnose spencer continues....as I type this he is barking and playing fetch with my husband, definitely not the picture of poor health! The doctor did another round of blood and urine test yesterday. The blood tests were the same with the only thing on concern his albumin level of 1.7. The urine test however showed a protein loss of +3 instead of the +1 before. The vet said because of this she can't rule out a kidney problem. He is having an ultrasound tomorrow so we should know more then. Please say a prayer for the little guy. The only symptoms we've had were the day of vomiting a couple of weeks ago that went away almost immediately and his low albumin level which has led to ascites or fluid in the abdomen. Best case is this is IBD, Inflammatory bowel disease....worst case it is lymphangiestasia or kidney failure. He is the picture of health so I'm hoping against hope it was a flare up of IBD. Will keep you posted. Thanks so much for all the information and well wishes. Juliet
juliet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!