Thread: meat
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 02:35 PM   #15
lemonlauren
YT Addict

We started Nikko (almost 6mo old) on the EVO red meat small bites... switched gradually, and now he's been purely on the new food for two days.

He was on Chicken Soup for the Puppy Lovers Soul, and had pretty much NEVER had a nice firm poop. The vet, of course, told us to switch to Science Diet, but I decided to go for a grain-free food. EVO red meat small bites had practically none of the same ingredients as Chicken Soup, so I went for that... I would've done a fish and potato food, but the only one my pet food store had listed chicken meal as the second ingredient, which feels like it would defeat the purpose of a fish and potato diet? Anyways...

I am so far extremely happy about EVO red meat! Nikko pooped much less yesterday than he had been a week before, and today he had the firmest poop I have ever seen come out of him! Eventually he will probably get to try the other EVO, and I'm still planning on letting him try some raw chicken legs. His funny little itching quirks haven't gone away yet, but at least the poop isn't soft serve chocolate anymore!!!!! One step at a time :-)

Lauren & Nikko
lemonlauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!