View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 11:45 AM   #15
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by megansmomma View Post
Sounds like you received great advice on your questions about vaccines. As for wanting to rescue in the future, you are very wise to want to be compliant on your vet care. Rescues want to make sure you are a responsible pet owner and if your puppy has a reaction to vaccines then that would be a very acceptable reason for you not to continue with a certain vaccine. Make sure you have documentation within your pups chart and a good strong relationship with your vet and that will say wonders for your reputation as an excellent and caring pet owner. Rescues only want the best for both the pet and the owner.
I really hope rescues are following the AAHA's 2006 Guidelines when evaluating owners. Being "compliant" w/ a vet doesn't mean it's the right thing to do for the animal. There are tons of vets who are still following the old protocol bc of revenue, period.

In my opinion, a person should never have to explain why they did not elect to get Lepto, Corona, Lymes, or Bordatella - those are elective vaccines, not core.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!