View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 09:37 AM   #6
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
OK, thanks. So did you give your dog the parvo and distemper three or four times, or no?
On that link I attached, I follow that protocol - so it would be 3x as a puppy and then at 1 year old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
I'm just not entirely sure what I want to do tell my vet to do because if the four repeated puppy shots are not really required or risking his health, I'd rather not do them again since he already had all those vaccinations twice. But I don't want him to be considered "not up to date" on his shots, you know what I mean?

For example, if I want to adopt a dog in the future, and they look back at my records and see Jackson didn't have his third and fourth set of "puppy shots" will I be considered not keeping up to date on his shots?
If you follow that protocol, the dogs *would* be up to date, so I'm not sure what you're asking.

Lepto and corona and bordatella have nothing to do w/ being "up to date". I mean really, the ONLY vaccine required by law is Rabies (to be technical).

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!