View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 07:16 AM   #13
bustersmom1
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Sad Very Sick

Hi. My baby went back to the vet last night in an emergency. He has been sick for about 2 weeks. We took him in 2 weeks ago because of listlessness and an engorged tummy and breathing difficulties. He is 5 years old. The vet was mostly concerned with low calcium and low protein levels. She performed some test to see if he has a thyroid problem. They told me to give him Tums which I did. He got worse so took him back in 2 days and they started IV and gave him calcium. He was better Monday but had an awful diarrhea. We took him home and belly swelling was down and diarrhea was gone. He ate like a horse all day and we gave him meds for diarrhea as the vet prescribed and the calcium. Yesterday he would not eat or drink all day and the diarrhea came back viciously also with vomiting. We rushed him back last night as he was becoming nonresponsive. They immediately gave him calcium (still low and protein very low) and put him back on IV. Now they are testing for Addison's but I am more concerned with intestinal lymphangiectasia. The vet said it would be bad news if that is what it is. I am very upset about this and he said he would need to do a biopsy but is ruling out Addison's first. Is there anyone else in my position?
bustersmom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!