View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 04:50 PM   #10
Potter
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dara311 View Post
I would tell you not to brush twice a day. If your dog already has a lot of build up, tarter, and plaque he may need a dental cleaning from your vet to get all that off his teeth.

Good quality dry food will help break off the palque and tarter, as well as chew toys, bones, pigs ears, greenies ( my dog gets these once every couple months or so)

Fiona is 11 months old, and I have not brushed her teeth at all, they are gorgeous!

I would just tell you if they are that bad, brushing and chew toys will not get rid of the build up, and your more than likely going to need to get them done at the vets.

Good Luck
Well Pao is 2.5 years old and his teeth is not full of tartar but I would like them to at least be flashy white...his teeth looks okay but it could be whiter. The Mini-Sheltie that was here, her teeth was pearly white and she is 7 years old and the owners told me it was courtesy of Greenies but I am not sure if I am comfortable giving him Greenies and he doesn't like pig ears at all. He has bones and bullysticks but that is no use if he doesn't really chew them. As for the Pfizer vaccine, I am not comfortable with that. I know I am a little picky when it comes to these things but I do not want to use anything on him that I may not have full knowledge of that will end up hurting him.

I was just hoping there may be a solution...I really do not mind brushing twice a day but I wonder if anyone else does it? I will bring him for a dental cleaning when he needs it but his teeth is not to the point that he needs a dental cleaning either. I am not going to put him under anesthesia unless I need to.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!