View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 07:30 AM   #4
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

I am sorry to hear Kita is not feeling so well. Please take her to the Vet. It could be many things: food allergies, something she is eating around the house, she could have a sensitive tummy, or she could have digestive issues. The Vet will discuss all possiblities and will put you on a plan of trying figure out what is bothering her. I would highly recommend the Vet taking fecal sanmples and also blood. TJ's fecale sample were all negative (we did many). My Vet ran blood tests for:
1. CBC/Biochemical Profile
2. Urine Bile Acid
3. B12/folate/TLI

Everything came back normal, except his 'folate levels' were EXTREMELY high. The Vet said that no one can tell me that TJ has IBD or Crohn's, they really can't even say for sure that he has bacterial overgrowth in his small intestines. The only way they could say for sure is if they were it go in a see what's going on. BUT, from his GI test results they see that his folate levels are really high and they can lean towards thinking he has a bacterial overgrowth in the upper portion of his small intestines. He said hopefully the Flagy will work. TJ has to be on it for 2 weeks and then I call in to report and we go from there, unless he has a flare up before hand, then I bring him in and he may need cortizone (sp?) and I have to stick with the special diet for now.
Please bring her to the Vet. Ihave had this going on with TJ for 4 months and only now are we starting to make some progress. I have another Vet appt. on this Friday, b/c over the weekend while we all were vacationing in AZ, TJ had 2 flare ups. I will keep you posted as to what we are going to do next with TJ.
**Krishna's Mom, please feel free to PM me anytime. I will telling you anything you want to know, plus I'd like to know how Kita is doing! I hope this helps you a little???
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!