View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 03:00 PM   #8
juliet1
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Thanks so much. I am so happy to hear Wycket is doing so well. Other than the two days of vomiting and an engorged tummy, Spencer is doing great. I think my vet is still not 100% sure this is the cause of his fluid retention. Did Wycket have surgery to confirm his illness? I am struggling with whether or not to do this. Spence is scheduled for next Monday but I'm worried the surgery is high risk due to his low albutim levels. My mom's vet will be doing this in TN and he seems to think there could be many other culprits at work. He will run some tests prior to doing any surgery, but feels looking inside will give us an ideal of exactly what's wrong. I have him on EN by purina right now and he seems to be coming around, he had about 20 pieces of kibble today. I also bought some extra virgin coconut oil which is rich in MCT's. He is on the met.... drug too and steroids. I should dry the wet food you mentioned. Spence has always been on Royal Canin for yorkies so may like their formula better. Is that something you can buy at petsmart? Thanks so much for your encouraging words, it does give me great hope.
juliet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!