View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 06:45 AM   #6
Hickey007
YT 500 Club Member

I have used vinegar in my steam cleaner before. Some people don't think the vinegar works though, some do. It seems to have for me I've had several people in my home that all say it smells fine. It was my mom and sister as well as others but these two wouldn't hold anything back, they would tell me even if I didn't ask. I would soak up the spot with paper towels and then spray it very well with vinegar. I also used it in my steam cleaner as I said before just to make sure I got everything. I put about a cup and a half or so in with the water and just ran it all over my house. I didn't use any soap with it. Just the water/vinegar solution and let it dry. My mom swears by vinegar she told me that if I think the house still smells to get down on all fours and smell until I find any spots then soak them with vinegar.

I've also used simple solution carpet shampoo in it (you can get it at petsmart). It says to spray the carpet with it then use your cleaner to rinse it off and stuff but I just put it in the soap thing on my cleaner. I ran over a small section using the soap only then went back over it to rinse and soak it up a few minutes later, that way the soap had a little time to work.

Hope you find something that works for you.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!