View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 08:28 AM   #2
Moses
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdiva View Post
Before I got Wookie, I did tons of research on yorkies. Bought a lot of books and stuff. Well, this weekend I picked up one of those books (Yorkies for Dummies LOL!) and was just looking through the diet section of it. I started doing the rotation diet between raw and kibble a week and a half ago and I just wanted to see what it said about raw diet.

It didn't say anything about raw diet, but when I started looking in the nutritional area about kibble I got scared. (Just when I think I am doing good and have this diet thing under control!) It was talking about the area on the bag where it lists the max and min content of different things in the kibble. It said the max that an adult yorkie should have in the protein area is 27-29%. Anything hire can damage the kidneys. I am using Innova EVO, and it is 42%!!!!! (The raw medallions are only like 17%. On the rotation diet I am doing 75% kibble and 25% raw for his daily intake. That is for purposes of being able to afford it and based on his eating habits, activity level and weight) I am freakin out now!!! I have been told by sooooo many people that is a great kibble for him. People in here (YT) have told me that, several vets (including my hollistic vet) and many pet care professionals whose opinions I trust.

Am I just over reacting, or is this really something I need to worry about??

You are going to hear pros and cons about this protein thing. I also feed my dog EVO as well. He is doing really well on it.
What is their not to worry about today?

Moses' Page Mommy lubs you very much!!
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!