View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 06:59 AM   #7
ycroft
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Wycket's Life with Lymphangiectasia

I am sorry to hear about Spence's illness. I know how scary it is but with proper treatment and diet, we have had great success. Wycket is back to a normal life being the alpha dog (yes, he only wieghs 8 pounds) in a household with an old Cocker and one alpha cat sister.

Wycket is off the steriod Prednisone altoghether. He is now taking a lower dosage of Cyclosporine and if his blood work comes back ok(we test quarterly), they will probably lower it some more. He still takes his Metroridazole and will for life from what I understand. He is on a diet of Duck & Potatoe dry food (which costs $31.60 per 8 pound bag) but it seems to do the trick. Yes, he still steals regular food from his brother when we don't watch closely but even that has seemed not to have any detrimental effects. He is totally normal at this point.

I am happy to give you my vet's name and number so that your vet can call and compare notes. Certainly this disease is probably different in every animal but my vet is really pleased with Wycket's progress.

I'm at work otherwise I would let you know the dosages of the medicines Wycket is current only and the actual name of the dog food.

All is all, this course of treatment seemed to have saved Wycket and aside from the cost, is a small price to pay for Wycket's health.

All the best to you and Spence.
ycroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!