View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 08:18 PM   #8
carmengamble
BANNED FOR NOT SENDING A GIFT EXCHANGE GIFT!

Default whining puppy!

I know what you are feeling!!

My fiance and I just brought home Chloe on Monday. She is nearly 10 weeks as well. We had trouble with her whining and whining all night for the first 3 nights.

What we did was NEVER ever pay attention to her when she was whining, that way she knows that her whining is not working. Don't even look at him when he is whining if you can help it and he will eventually get tired of it and learn that it doesn't get him anywhere!

Another thing, Chloe is left in her XPEN at night with a bed, pee pad, food, water, lots of blankets and toys.

After the 3rd night of whining, my fiance and I looked up that a ticking clock is supposed to work well, as it reminds them of a heartbeat (from their mother, or litter mates) So we picked up a wind up clock at wa-mart, but it stopped working later that night -- darn it! My fiance looked up a sound of a clock on the internet, and we put it on my laptop and set it next to her pen and let it play all night long.

She hasn't been whining AT ALL at night. She wakes up at 9:00-10:00AM and will wait for us to come and let her out. She is doing very well!

Remember, don't give in to him whining, don't give him any attention and wait until he stops, don't even look at him..and try the clock if you can!

Good luck! They are so much fun!!
carmengamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!