View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 08:25 AM   #5
peanut
Dogs Rule Cats Drool!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
Samson usually sleeps in the front room, he has two beds in there and our door is always open, he sometimes sleeps with us but really only when its cold out (we live in AZ so that isn't too much). Anyways, Samson isn't feeling the puppy thing yet and is nipping him. I realize they need to work it out but it is a lot easier to monitor when I am awake. I don't want Samson hurting Harley if they were in the same pen while I am not awake. Harley is almost 10 weeks old, so a little shy of the 12 weeks. the pen is in the front room. I posted a question about whether I should put Sam in the pen with Harley but the consensus was not until I was sure Samson could accept Harley. I am trying to do right by both dogs. they are just at different points of their lives/training so I am juggling both of their needs. I am not complaining mind you and I realized getting a puppy was a lot of work. I am seeking suggestions to help all of us.
thanks
I would put his crate in your room where he can see you or hear you that may help. I usually put mine when they are new or take one in for awhile, on the nitestand next to my bed, they may cry for alittle bit, but then they usually quit.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!