View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 12:52 PM   #11
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post
No not yet. He wanted to see what it looks like after antib's and NO LICKING...So that will be when we go back on 2/10

He wanted me to down the cone, but there's no way TJ would allow that, so I got some guaze and loosly wraped it, so he doesn't lick it.
oh you put the bandage on it?? that's fine, just make sure you are checking it every day for slippage, skin irritation, and odor. plus change it a few times a week and clean up the wrapped area so you don't create an infection under the wrap.

If it does need to be biopsied you have two options. 1) the vet does a punch biopsy just to get a core sample of the tissue to send out to the lab. once analyzed you can leave it alone if its nothing, or remove it if its nothing. If its something that needs to be removed then clean margins need to be taken so a slightly bigger area will need to be taken. 2) if you are sure you want it off one way or the other then the vet forgoes the punch biopsy and just removes the mass with clean margins and sends the whole thing out to be biopsied.

I think it depends on what you want to spend (2 separate procedures with two bills or 1 procedure) and how often you want TJ sedated. when we do a punch biopsy, we just sedate without full anesthesia and intubation (unless the animal is older and/or has health issues). when we do a mass removal, they go under full anesthesia with intubation.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!