View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 07:43 AM   #1
viviansnickers
Snick&Viv= BFF
Donating Member

Default Finicky Eating Problem Finally Solved

So I finally have Snickers eating normally, and jumping up and down for his food which was my goal. After much trial and tribulation I ended up choosing NB Duck/Potato & NB Venison/Spotato. I am goin to do 2 weeks rotations so my guy does not get bored. The way I get him to eat is to add the smallest amount of canned EVO 95% duck or venison to the kibble just to coat it. He gobbles it down. If I give it dry, he eats 2 and walks away and will starve himself. I was also worried NB did not have enough meat/protein since it was not 1st ingredient in kibble, but with the EVO I am happy to give him more meat! So just wanted to post incase it will help anyone else. I did want to just give him dry for the ease of it, but him being excited and gobbling it down with a full belly makes it all worth it. He poops 2-3 times a day and LIKES his food...hooray!! Good luck to you all. Also I use Wellness Jerky treats Venison and Snick will do ANYTHING for them and they are grainless. Potty training rocks with them.

-Vivian
ps...the store clerk I was talking to last night told me that owners of small dogs many times switch their foods 2-3 times a year b/c the dogs are so picky!! UGH!!!
viviansnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!