Thread: Downward Dog
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 06:37 PM   #7
Trixter
YT Addict

[quote=Hokule'a;2446731]So the upset tummy just started out of the blue a couple weeks ago? Were you trying to switch his food or could he have eaten something he wasn't supposed to? What tests did the vet run?

I would think he's old enough and big enough to go without the kibble for a bit. I've done the chicken and rice with a little pure pumpkin - just enough to help absorb all the meds. Hope he's feeling better soon![/quot
This all started @ 3 weeks ago when the weather got really cold. My initial thought was possibly paw licking form the stuff they put on the roads. He had what I think was frost bite, so I thought it might have been stress related. Yesterday things were looking good, and he ate most of his dinner. He had to go out at 3am. That deposit looked pretty good. Getting back to normal. He went out first thing and did a small bit, Shape was coming right along. Then we came back in. @15/20 minutes later, I sat at the computer and he started whining. I thought it was cause I was eating and I hadn't fed him. He left the room I went into check him on the bed. He was shivering. I let him out, He stood trembling on the deck. I coaxed him out to the yard, and this time it was liquid with what looked to me llike clots. The vet said that was what it looks like when an animal has diarrhea for a while, the stomach gets irritated.
Trixter is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!